North Alabama FUTSAL was established in 2013 as a youth and adult (amateur) indoor soccer league that services cities in North Alabama by organizing seasons, tournaments, camps, clinics and more. The North Alabama FUTSAL League exists to bring organized futsal games to North Alabama. It is the first permanent organization created with the initial sole purpose of facilitating standard futsal play in Alabama. North Alabama FUTSAL is a member of the United States Futsal Federation (USFF), which is an Other Affiliated Member of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF). North Alabama FUTSAL and the games it conducts are governed by the USFF and conducts itself within the guidelines of the USFF and its affiliations.
One Page Full Description of North Alabama FUTSAL
One soccer organization who entered several youth teams into the league in a recent futsal season wrote, ‘NAFL is a very professional organization who was an exceptional steward while utilizing the school gyms. I truly appreciate your professionalism and enthusiasm in building the sport of futsal.
1. SAFETY: We are sanctioned by U. S. Futsal Federation (USFF), which makes us follow additional rules based on many years of experience many of which exist for safety reasons. Being sanctioned by USFF also provides medical and liability insurance for all participants. The olive branches in the league logo represent Safety.
2. EXCELLENCE: We play only by the FIFA Futsal Laws of the Game using trained/certified futsal referees which provides quality, standard, consistent, reliable games. The trophy in the league logo represents Excellence.
3. PLAYER DEVELOPMENT: We host activities for players to improve personal ball control, passing and shooting skills by playing on a dependable, consistent, smooth surface in an environment in which experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. The player in the league logo represents Player Development.
4. PASSION: We are dedicated, tenacious, rigorous, sacrificing and persevering for the sport of futsal for the long term benefit. The ribbon in the league logo represents Passion.
5. ENJOYMENT: We want all to have fun by playing the fast paced, high scoring, exciting game of futsal. The ball in the league logo represents Enjoyment.
Based on the values above, North Alabama FUTSAL is a sport league dedicated to the growth of the game of futsal in the cities of North Alabama. We began in Huntsville by organizing seasons of futsal games for both youth and adult teams, hosting futsal referee clinics, and conducting futsal player camps. We plan to expand to do the same in other cities in North Alabama in addition to hosting futsal tournaments and futsal coach clinics soon. Our ultimate goal is to establish futsal as its own sport and, through the benefits to players from playing futsal, see great improvement in individual skills of soccer players from North Alabama and their reputation across Alabama.
North Alabama FUTSAL History/Status
North Alabama FUTSAL conducted its first season in the winter of 2013/14. It has now conducted six winter seasons, six summer seasons, three youth tournaments, four youth summer academies, ten referee clinics, three youth player clinics and three adult player clinics. The North Alabama FUTSAL League started with intentions to become a not-for-profit IRC 501(c)3 organization but has been operating to date as a not-making-a-profit organization because of the huge application fee to the IRS ($850.00). Thus far the North Alabama FUTSAL League has not profited in any year of existence and has recorded losses ranging from approx. $950 to $1950 annually. The North Alabama FUTSAL League exists for the good of the game rather than any gain from services or goods sold. Any potential monetary gain will be re-funneled back into the league to further promote the popularity and participation of playing futsal in Alabama.
FOLLOW North Alabama FUTSAL on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. See links at the bottom of the Contact-Us page
United States Futsal Federation (USFF) is an Other Affiliated Member of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF), which, in turn, is an affiliate of the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). USFF has been governing the sport of futsal in the United States since 1981 and sponsors futsal league play throughout the United States with leagues designed for beginners as well as premier players of all ages. USFF encourages everyone to take the opportunity to play and enjoy the great sport of futsal. Once you try it you'll never want to stop!
Original website's About Us page