THIS NEWS STORY WAS UPDATED 4/30/2020 VIA ANOTHER NEWS STORY OF TITLE "North Alabama FUTSAL Pushes Plans Out Two Weeks". PLEASE READ IT BY CLICKING HERE.
The spring futsal season may have been cancelled due to the coronavirus but plans have been made to resume for a summer season. In fact, plan B and plan C have been created in case we cannot start the first week of June. Somehow, we WILL play this summer, if at all possible.
In the interim please follow CDC’s prevention and hygiene guidelines to keep yourself safe, most importantly. But also, by doing so, we will hasten the return to normalcy.
So the summer plans are:
- A preseason futsal tournament on May 16/17 or May 30/31
- Adult summer season games starting in the 1st week of June
- Youth summer futsal academy/pickup games starting in the 2nd week of June
Plan B is to delay the tournament and the starts of youth and adult games 1 and 2 weeks, respectfully.
Plan C is to skip the tournament but start youth and adult games 3 and 4 weeks later, respectfully.
All plans include the season to complete in the last week of July or possibly the first week of August.
- Youth will play at the Optimist Recreation Center
- Adults will begin playing at Oakwood University and will move to the new Johnson Legacy Center when it opens
- Tournament will be played at Liberty Middle School
Registration will be done almost entirely online. Some in-person Registration/Q&A Events may be held. It depends on the decline in the coronavirus.
REGISTRATION BEGINS APRIL 20 AND ENDS MAY 24. TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS TODAY AND MAKE PLANS TO PLAY FUTSAL after this spring’s hiatus in soccer and futsal.
Regardless how this summer turns out, fall and winter seasons are being planned. The North Alabama FUTSAL League plans to continue hosting four seasons per year.