After eight full years of existence some attrition by players in the North Alabama FUTSAL League is inevitable, thus the phrase “been there; done that.” But most likely many former players have not “been there.” In fact, many Huntsville residents have not yet been there. Where’s there? “There” is the new, incredible Johnson Legacy Center which houses two real futsal courts among other amenities at 6000 Cecil Fain Dr., Huntsville 35810. “Real” means lined futsal courts according to FIFA specifications instead of basketball courts modified with temporary gym floor tape resulting in confusing lines. And the futsal courts are constructed on softer-than-wood, poured resin floors. Have you seen them?
- Lined futsal courts according to FIFA specifications – not modified basketball courts
- No confusion between futsal lines and basketball lines
- Softer-than-wood, poured resin floor
- 110 feet long – not just 84 or 94 feet as basketball courts are
Take a quick virtual tour here.
The City of Huntsville and Huntsville Parks & Recreation spent $7 million gutting and remodeling the large competition gym at the former Johnson High School to produce the Johnson Legacy Center, which now includes two futsal courts, three volleyball courts and more, in the following context:
- Paved, lit parking lot
- All sports inside a nice, brick building, heated & cooled
- Comfortable viewing/sitting area
- Spacious, clean bathrooms
- Separate locker rooms – no changing clothes in a car
If you haven’t been there, then go there. Take a look around. And consider playing futsal again if you haven’t played in a while. This is MUCH better than the basketball courts played on in the past.
Johnson Legacy Center (JLC)
6000 Cecil Fain Drive, Huntsville, AL 35810
(latitude/longitude = 34.799583, -86.61066)
View Map More Details
The fast paced, high scoring, electrifying game of futsal is soooooo muuuuuch fuuuuuun!
If you know of others that might be interested in this, please share this news story with them.